ETHICS AND PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE PRIVATE STUDY (MANDATORY CPD UNIT)
OMARA Item DN285
Category B Activity
|Session Length:||1.5 hours Private Study|
|CPD Points Awarded:||1 point|
The Ethics and Professional Practice Distance Learning Paper is a 1 point CPD distance learning activity that covers a mandatory CPD unit for OMARA compliance. The ethics learning component covers in-depth learning and understanding of the OMARA Code of Conduct and will assist Registered Migration Agents and Lawyers to consolidate their knowledge of good ethical practice and how to avoid and deal with issues and complaints that may arise from clients.
- Competent, Diligent and Professional Conduct and Acting in Accordance with the Law
- Sound Working Knowledge of Migration Law and Providing Accurate and Timely Advice
- Conflicts of Interest
- Frank and Candid Advice about Success Prospects
- Avoiding Vexatious Applications
- Keeping the Client Informed
- Maintaining and Improving Knowledge of Migration Law, Policies and Procedures
- Honest Conduct in dealing with the Department and the OMARA
- Advertising Obligations
- Confidentiality Obligations
- Being Contactable
- Providing Interpreters
- Recognising Limitations
- Fairness, Honesty and Courtesy in All Professional Dealings
- Responding to Complaints Ethically and Professionally
The CPD unit is intended to provide Registered Migration Agents and Lawyers with a solid understanding of the OMARA expectations for competent, professional and ethical practice. The learning activity will cover areas such as conflict of interest, managing client expectations, appropriate advertising and responding to complaints as and when they might arise.
Learning for this activity will be conducted in the form of private study and a short assessment task which covers a substantial segment of the OMARA Code of Conduct relating to Ethics and Professional Practice.
For Registered Migration Agents:
Participants must complete complete a 20 question assessment paper and answer at least 15 questions correctly in order to be eligible for the award of 1 Mandatory CPD point for OMARA.