Office of the MARA Item SM317
Category B Activity
|Session Length:||1.5 hours|
|CPD Points Awarded:||1 point|
The 457/TSS Migration Law Updates Seminar is a 1 point CPD seminar that is designed to examine and discuss the changes to the subclass 457 visa framework in the transition towards the Temporary Skills Shortage (TSS) subclass 482 visa. The updates seminar will examine the major changes and implemented legislation for the subclass 482 and how the provisions are distinguished from the subclass 457 visa. It will address any transitional provisions for existing 457 visa holders and implications for subclass 186 applications.
- Updated legislation and application of new TSS (subclass 482) visa and the distinguishing features from subclass 457 visas
- Changes and updates to Sponsorship requirements including training benchmarks
- Changes and updates to Nomination requirements including labour market testing, genuine position requirements and occupation lists under the MLTSSL/STSOL
- Changes and updates to Visa requirements including skill requirements, English requirements, health and character and other related provisions
- Circumstances relating to TSS subclass 482 visa grants including grant periods and transition towards 186
- Discussion of any transitional and grandfathering provisions
This seminar is intended to provide Registered Migration Agents and Lawyers with an early solid understanding of the significant changes that arise from the transition of the subclass 457 visa into the new TSS (subclass 482) visa. It is important that agents and lawyers are not left unprepared to assist their clients in these unprecedented law changes.
Participation is limited to 30 places.
For Registered Migration Agents:
Attendees must complete 75% of the Seminar in order to be eligible for the award of their 1 CPD point for OMARA.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD): This professional development activity has been designed to meet the CPD needs of lawyers. If this session does meet your CPD needs according to the Uniform CPD (Solicitors) Rules 2015 available at http://www.liv.asn.au/For-Lawyers/Regulation/Legal-Profession-Uniform-Laws/Legislation-and-Rules you may claim 1 CPD unit for each hour of attendance (breaks not included).