CORE SKILLS: AAT REVIEWS, FILE MANAGEMENT AND CODE OF CONDUCT WORKSHOP
Office of the MARA Item WK263
Category A Activity
|Session Length:||3 hours|
|CPD Points Awarded:||3 points|
The Core Skills: AAT Reviews, File Management and Code of Conduct Workshop is a 3 point CPD workshop that is designed to establish or supplement a number of essential RMA industry skills. The topics to be covered include AAT review procedures and policies, file management within a professional office and a in-depth discussion of the Code of Conduct and its applicability to migration practice.
- Professional Skills – AAT Reviews
- Structure of AAT Process
- AAT Outcome Statistics
- Reviewing the Case and obtaining FOI
- Submission drafting
- Appearing at the AAT
- AAT Reviewable decisions
- Deeming Dates for Notification
- Practice Management and Business Skills – File Management
- Maintaining an organised file
- File notes and correspondences
- Submitting complete applications
- File Management systems
- Maintaining client confidentiality
- Costs Agreements
- Returning client documents
- When clients terminate the appointment
- The OMARA Code of Conduct
- Overview and purpose of the Code of Conduct
- Part 2 Standards of Professional Conduct
- Parts 3 and 10 Obligations to Clients and Termination of Services
- Part 4 Relations between registered migration agents
- Part 5 Fees and Charges
- Part 6 Record Keeping and Management
- Part 7 Financial Duties
- Part 8 Duties of Registered Migration Agents to Employees
- Part 9 Complaints Handling
- Part 11 Client Awareness of the Code
- Sanctions for breach of the Code
The Workshop is intended to provide Registered Migration Agents (RMA professionals) and Lawyers with an enhanced skill-set in the area of AAT review matters and good internal business practice.
Workshops will consist of discussion and case study analysis. There is no assessment component but participants will be given an opportunity to attempt simulated case studies based on real-life scenarios. Feedback will be provided during the session.
Participation is limited to 30 places.
For Registered Migration Agents (RMA):
Attendees must remain in attendance for the duration of the Workshop in order to be eligible for the award of their 3 CPD points for OMARA.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD): This professional development activity has been designed to meet the CPD needs of lawyers. If this session does meet your CPD needs according to the Uniform CPD (Solicitors) Rules 2015 available at https://www.liv.asn.au/Professional-Practice/Compliance/Legal-Profession-Uniform-Law/Legislation you may claim 1 CPD unit for each hour of attendance (breaks not included).
The section covered in the AAT Review component of the workshop falls within the Professional Skills CPD field for Lawyers.
The section covered in the File Management component of the workshop falls within the Practice Management and Business Skills CPD field for Lawyers.
The section covered in the Code of Conduct component of the workshop falls within the Substantive Law CPD field for Lawyers.
Enriched Migration Training presently offers an Ethics and Professional Practice CPD Mandatory unit via private study (Category B) for Migration Agents where the content is focused on OMARA compliance. Solicitors requiring a CPD to meet their ‘Ethics and Professional Responsibility’ should contact Enriched Migration Training for an alternative Ethics CPD for lawyers.