VISA CANCELLATION, PIC 4020 AND RECENT MIGRATION LAW CHANGES WORKSHOP
Office of the MARA Item WK598
Category A Activity
|Session Length:||3 hours|
|CPD Points Awarded:||3 points|
The Visa Cancellation, PIC 4020 and Recent Migration Law Changes Workshop is a 3 point CPD workshop that covers recent legislative and policy changes and case law analysis in topics of interest. The workshop also provides a detailed discussion and analysis of case studies and practical strategies in handing complex cases.
- Addressing Public Interest Criteria 4020
- Managing various types of visas cancellations frameworks including:
- Section 109 Incorrect Answers and Bogus Documents
- Section 116 General Cancellations
- Section 128 Offshore Cancellations based on s. 116 grounds
- Section 140 Consequential Cancellations
- Section 134 Business Visa Cancellations
- Section 137Q Regional Sponsored Visa Cancellations
- Updated legislative and policy foundations in Temporary Parent visas (subclass 870)
- Discussion of new framework for Regional Skilled Visas (subclasses 491, 494 and 191)
- Updates on Health (PIC 4005 and 4007) and Character (s. 501) Requirements and criteria
- Assessing practical strategies for complex cases
- Updates on major changes to the law – present and prospective
The Workshop is intended to provide Registered Migration Agents (RMA professionals) and Lawyers with an update on recent legislative and policy changes across the migration practice area and equip Agents and Immigration Lawyers with the skills and knowledge necessary to handle and advise clients confidently on complex matters. The Workshop is intended to encompass advanced concepts, with emphasis on complex engagement with migration law and a thorough discussion of recent and prospective changes to the migration legal framework.
Workshops will consist of discussion and case study analysis. There is no assessment component but participants will be given an opportunity to attempt simulated case studies based on real-life scenarios. Feedback will be provided during the session.
Participation is limited to 30 places.
For Registered Migration Agents (RMA):
Attendees must remain in attendance for the duration of the Workshop in order to be eligible for the award of their 3 CPD points for OMARA.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD): This professional development activity has been designed to meet the CPD needs of lawyers. If this session does meet your CPD needs according to the Uniform CPD (Solicitors) Rules 2015 available at https://www.liv.asn.au/Professional-Practice/Compliance/Legal-Profession-Uniform-Law/Legislation you may claim 1 CPD unit for each hour of attendance (breaks not included).
This workshop falls within the Substantive Law CPD field.