CORE SKILLS: ETHICS WORKSHOP
|Session Length:||1 hour|
|CPD Points Awarded:||1 point|
The Core Skills: Ethics Workshop is a 1 point CPD workshop that is designed to establish or supplement a number of essential migration industry skills.
- Ethics in Migration Law
- The OMARA Code of Conduct and the Legal Profession Uniform Law
- Duty to the Court and to the Administration of Justice
- Duty of Competence and Standards of Professional Conduct
- Professional Obligations to Clients
- Client Confidentiality and Legal Professional Privilege
- Handling Conflicts of Interest
- Financial Obligations – Account-Keeping
- Professional Courtesy and Relations between Practitioners
- Employee Oversight and responsibility over subordinate conduct
- Responding to Regulatory Authorities
The Workshop is intended to provide Registered Migration Agents (RMA professionals) and Lawyers with an enhanced skill-set in managing clients files and good internal business practice.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD): This professional development activity has been designed to meet the CPD needs of lawyers. If this session does meet your CPD needs according to the Uniform CPD (Solicitors) Rules 2015 available at https://www.liv.asn.au/Professional-Practice/Compliance/Legal-Profession-Uniform-Law/Legislation you may claim 1 CPD unit for each hour of attendance (breaks not included).
The section covered in the Ethics component of the workshop falls within the Ethics and Professional Responsibilities CPD field for Lawyers.