STUDENT VISA APPLICATIONS, CONDITIONS AND CANCELLATIONS WORKSHOP
Office of the MARA Item WK1169
Category A Activity
|Session Length:||3 hours|
|CPD Points Awarded:||3 points|
The Student Visa Applications, Conditions and Cancellations Workshop is a 3 point CPD workshop that covers all basic requirements on the application processes, visa criteria, conditions and cancellation issues for Student Visa subclass 500 and Student Guardian Visa subclass 590.
- Overview of changes effective 1 July 2016 under the Simplified Student Visa Framework (SSVP)
- Subclass 500 Student Visa
- Subclass 590 Student Guardian Visa
- Valid Application requirements – onshore and offshore
- Risk Assessment requirements and distinctions
- English Proficiency requirements
- Financial requirements
- Additional Subclass specific requirements
- Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) requirements
- Health Insurance, Health and Character Requirements
- Adding Dependants
- Student visa conditions – including 8202, 8105, 8104, 8516 etc.
- Student Visa Cancellations – including s. 109, 116, 128 and 140 cancellations – processes involved and how to respond
The Workshop is intended to provide Registered Migration Agents (RMA professionals) and Lawyers with a solid understanding of the current Student Visa Framework, giving them the tools and knowledge required to confidently advise and represent clients on any student visa issues.
Workshops will consist of discussion and case study analysis. There is no assessment component but participants will be given an opportunity to attempt simulated case studies based on real-life scenarios. Feedback will be provided during the session.
Participation is limited to 30 places.
For Registered Migration Agents (RMA):
Attendees must remain in attendance for the duration of the Workshop in order to be eligible for the award of their 3 CPD points for OMARA.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD): This professional development activity has been designed to meet the CPD needs of lawyers. If this session does meet your CPD needs according to the Uniform CPD (Solicitors) Rules 2015 available at https://www.liv.asn.au/Professional-Practice/Compliance/Legal-Profession-Uniform-Law/Legislation you may claim 1 CPD unit for each hour of attendance (breaks not included).
This workshop falls within the Substantive Law CPD field.