Business Skills Intensive (New 2021 Framework Updates) Workshop
|Session Length:||6 hours|
|CPD Points Awarded:||6 points|
The Business Skills Intensive (New 2021 Framework Updates) Workshop is a 6 point CPD workshop that is an expansive full day workshop which provides comprehensive and detailed analysis of the subclass 188 Provisional and subclass 888 Permanent Residence for Business Innovation, Investor, SIV and Entrepreneur streams under the new Business Innovation and Investment Program framework (from 1 July 2021).
- Updated current and NEW legislative and policy foundations for all subclass 188 and 888 stream requirements
- Valid Application requirements – onshore and offshore
- State, Territory and Austrade Nomination
- SkillSelect and EOI
- Lawful Acquisition and Unencumbered funds
- Business Innovation and Extension Streams (Subclass 188 and 888) Criteria
- Investor Stream (Subclass 188 and 888) Criteria
- Points Test – Business Innovation and Investment
- Significant Investor and Extension (SIV) Streams (Subclass 188 and 888) Criteria
- Complying Investment Framework
- Entrepreneur Stream (Subclass 188 and 888) Criteria
- Complying Entrepreneur Activity and Funding Requirements
- Health and Character Requirements
- Adding Dependants
The Workshop is intended to provide Registered Migration Agents and Lawyers with a solid foundation for the subclass 188, 888 Business Skills frameworks and equip Agents and Immigration Lawyers with the skills and knowledge necessary to navigate and advise on the common criteria in addition to the various stream-specific criteria for all streams within the Business Skills framework.
Workshops will consist of discussion and case study analysis. There is no assessment component but participants will be given an opportunity to attempt simulated case studies based on real-life scenarios. Feedback will be provided during the session.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD): This professional development activity has been designed to meet the CPD needs of lawyers. If this session does meet your CPD needs according to the Uniform CPD (Solicitors) Rules 2015 available at https://www.liv.asn.au/Professional-Practice/Compliance/Legal-Profession-Uniform-Law/Legislation you may claim 1 CPD unit for each hour of attendance (breaks not included).
This workshop falls within the Substantive Law CPD field.